The 2016 Vida Tennis Australian Open Camp will be held at the Glen Iris Tennis Club over three days and will be jam packed full of a variety of activities, on and off the court.
Much of your junior tennis training is only based on the tennis court. This camp gives you the opportunity to experience many of the “off court” aspects to help develop your game as well as plenty of on court tennis. The camps over the last few years have been an amazing opportunity for more than 200 kids and we are planning an even bigger camp for 2016. Places are limited, so check out the following info and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Dates: Thursday Jan 14th to Saturday Jan 16th
Times: 9am to 4pm Thursday and Saturday. 8am to 6pm Friday
(later finish due to trip to Melbourne Park)
Where: Glen Iris Valley Tennis Club – 260 High Street Road Mt Waverley
Who: Tournament players, Junior Competition, Green Ball Squads. Kids ages from 8 to 16
Early Bird Special
We will once again be offering an Early Bird special of $295 (full price
$350) for the three day camp. Along with the discounted price you will also receive a Vida Shirt for registering and making payment before December 24th.
Last Years Camp
Check out all the action from last years camp on the following overview link. CLICK HERE
Camp Groups & Levels
There will be a variety of level players doing the camp. Players will be grouped according to standard & age with groups rotating through a variety of themes. You will be given a group colour when you arrive on the first day. This is the first year we are opening up a Green Ball section for younger players.
This years camp will see each player placed into one of two teams with activities over the three days earning points towards your team. There will be individual and team prizes along the way.
What will the program be?
We have a lot to jam into three days, both on and off the court. So here is a taste;
- Afternoon at Melbourne Park (Qualifying & Practice for the Australian Open) Over the last two years the group has been joined by the likes of Sam Groth (ATP top 50 and former Vida Veneto Club player), Julia Goerges (WTA Top 20), Andrew Whittington (Quarter finalist Australian Open Doubles and former Vida player), Anthony Rocca (Collingwood Football Club), John Aloisi (International Footballer and Aus captain), Marco Chuidinelli (ATP top 100), Muddy Waters (David Cup trainer), Damien Prasad (current WTA trainer & coach) and more.
There is also lots of time to watch matches, practice sessions and meet other players around the grounds.
- On court practice including;
- Live Ball Patterns of Play
- Court positioning
- Game Style awareness
- Set Plays & Routines
- Match Play
- Singles & Doubles Tactics
- Video Analysis (On & Off Court)
- Movement Patterns of the Pro’s
- David Cup / Fed Cup style Team tournament
- Off Court Themes
- Between point process
- Injury Prevention / Pilates / Core Stability
- Professional players games style analysis
- The mental side of tennis
- What are my tennis pathway options?
- A trip to Bounce (check out the benefits here)
Kids will run through some team based personal development activities in a fun energetic environment.
Trampolining is often promoted as one of the best and most effective exercises you can do! NASA believes that “rebound exercise is the most efficient, effective form of exercise yet devised by man.” Trampolining is a low-impact workout that tones muscles and improves co-ordination.
Some other little questions you will learn and take benefit from;
- How does my technique hold up under pressure?
- Where is my best court position when I play?
- What is my game style?
- Speak with current and elite sportsman / women from other sports
- How important is managing your body?
- Why are you getting injured and where are the weakness in your body?
- How do I put steps in place to better deal with pressure?
- What do the top 10 players do between points to get ready for the next point?
- Analyze game styles at the Aussie Open.
So want to join us?
How do I register my child? You can fill in the below online registration form. You will then be emailed an invoice with your early bird special (if registered before the 24th of December)
What is the cost? The cost for the three day camp is $350. If you wanted to do one day only the cost is $125. The Vida Early Bird Special Price to register (below) is $295 inc gst and will also include your FREE Vida Shirt
What else does my child need to bring? Lunch and snacks (kitchen facilities available such as Fridges, Microwave, oven etc), Drink bottle, towel, MYKI card for the trip to Melbourne Park and a heap of energy.
Do parents need to stay? No they don’t. If any parent want to join the group at Melbourne Park you are more than welcome.
All information will be emailed to players in the weeks leading up to the camp. We are hear to help!