24 Hour Tennis Marathon
Vida Tennis Essendon and The Essendon Tennis Club invite you to come and join us for our 24 Hour Tennis Marathon raising Money for Charity!
In 2019 Coaches Ashleigh and Blake decided to take on the mental and physical challenge of riding 500kms in 5 days in Thailand for Hands Across the Water. This was an incredible and humbling experience and Ashleigh has decided to sign up again for the 2020 ride. In 2019 an amazing total of $10,500 was raised by Ashleigh, Blake and the Vida Community.
With your help, our aim to raise $15,000 for the Hands Across the Water Group. Hands Across the Water – a foundation that supports at-risk & underprivileged kids and communities in Thailand. Hands Across The Water was originally formed after countless Thai children were left alone and homeless by the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami.
Check out the Video of Ash and Blakes Journey from 2019-
Come to our 24 Hour Marathon!
- Friday, October 4th starting at 4pm – Saturday, October 5th at 4pm
- Essendon Tennis Club – Batman Street Essendon
- Trivia Night from 6-9pm
- Hotshots prizes
- Jumping Castle
- Face Painting
- Movies on the Projector in Clubhouse
- Food & Drink
- Fast 4 Tournament
- Social Play for Families
To complete our 24-hour marathon we need to have players practicing on at least 1 court for the entire 24 hours
Below is our current schedule for you to choose when would be best to come and join us.
- 4pm- 5pm Open to Everyone, bring your family!
- 5-6pm Cardio Tennis Sessions on all courts
- 6-9pm Trivia Night + Food & Beverages
- 9-10pm Social Players
- Midnight – 7am – We are looking for players to sign up for the graveyard shift….see below for more information
- 7am-Midday Men’s group
- 12-1pm Ladies Hour of Power
- 1-4pm Social & Kids Play
- 2-4pm Celebration, Jumping Castle, Face Painting, Food & Beverages
24 hours means playing through the night! We are looking for players to sign up for the graveyard shift, with adult supervision kids can bring their sleeping bags and stay at the club for the night. We will roster the kids on rotation to play and then rest to get us through to the early hours of the morning. To Register for the graveyard shift, we ask you to do 2 things
- Raise $30 for our charity. Once registered the team can help you with this through raffle tickets
- Fill out the registration form below
Can’t make it on the day and would like to help?
- Online Donations – To check out how we are going towards our $15,000 target or to donate please click on the below link
Ashleigh Richardson Donation Page
- Partnership – We are looking for some wonderful businesses that would like to be a p
art of our journey and partner with us with a $500 or a $1000 donation. As a thank you, we can offer your business –
- Thank you posts marketing your business online and connections on our social media channels, Marketing throughout the event, Logos on our flyers and at the club during the event
- Raffle Tickets – You can Buy Raffle Tickets at each Vida venue – please speak to your head coach to get some
- Online Auction TBA – Some exceptional sporting memorabilia will be auctioned off online with all money going to the charity. More details to come!
If you want to book your tickets early or have any questions please email [email protected] or call 0422 240 269
About Hands Across the Water
Our relationship with Business Blueprint & Hands Across the Water?