Vida Tennis presents the next chapter of the Advantage Girls Program, the Advantage Girls Transition Program in Term 3 2019.
The Advantage Girls Transition Program is designed to provide an opportunity for young female adults to continue their tennis journey, no matter what their goals are. The 5 weeks will get the young women to play tennis, get coach education to step into the workforce if they want to, build on their fitness and meet other like-minded females to help lead, mentor and guide them on their pathway.
What is the Advantage Girls Transition Program?
This program will be for young women aged between 18-25 years old and the key focuses of this program are
- Practice regularly in a positive, fun encouraging environment
- Meet and connect with like-minded females
- Coach Education sessions so that you can see if you want to be a tennis coach. You may get into the coaching industry short term while studying or playing or long term becoming a career coach.
- Have work experience opportunities so that you can feel confident coaching at your local club
- Continue to be involved in tennis without the pressure of what it will become
- Have a cost-effective way to stay involved in tennis
Included in the Program?
Two 2-hour training sessions per week will be held from Monday 19th August – Friday 20th September at the Essendon Tennis Club. Days and times are TBC. These sessions will include
- On court practice sessions and Match Play
- Strength and Conditioning/ Fitness training
- Coach Education Sessions
- Guest Speakers
- Walk through a high-performance sports facility / watch a high-performance female sporting team train
Vida Tennis Female Coaches Ashleigh Richardson and Jo Karaitiana will be heading this program. Ashleigh is Head Coach of Vida Tennis Essendon and a Tennis Victoria Coach Facilitator and Jo is the Director of Box Hill Senior Secondary College and involved in the Next Generation High-Performance Coaching Course. In the past few years, Ashleigh has run the Advantage Girls Tournament & Camp and Hotshots Program, to see some of the previous events click here
Location and Times
Tuesday – Time to be confirmed and Friday 12.30-2.30pm. These are subject to change
Essendon Tennis Club, Batman Street Essendon. Some sessions may be moved off-site.
A huge thank you to Tennis Victoria and the Female Participation Grants, thanks to their help we have subsidized this program at the cost of $200 for the 5 weeks including a Vida Advantage Girls training top. Click here to see the Tennis Victoria Article about Female Participation Grants
To Register your interest please email [email protected] or call 0422 240 269. Or to book, please fill out the form below.
No Fields Found.