Careers with Vida
Do you have a passion for tennis and want to make a career in the industry?
Tennis is a sport for life, and the team here at Vida share a passion and love for it on a daily basis. We are always looking for like-minded people who share our desire to create life opportunities for each individual through tennis to join our team.
Vida is a values-driven organisation that places high importance on team and culture. You can read more about this on the About Page.
These life opportunities do not just exist for the people we coach, but for the people who work as part of our coaching team as well. If you are interested in making a career in the tennis industry, then this is the place for you.
Why Join Our Team
Vida Tennis prides itself on being an amazing learning environment for coaches. As part of the Vida group, you will have access to:
- Ongoing coaching education (we have our own internal platform)
- Leadership development
- Clear development pathway
- Accountability buddies and progression plans to achieve your goals
- Flexible work hours
- A variety of lesson types from Hots Shots to High Performance
- Great facilities, equipment, and environment
- Off-court business development and education
- A great culture to be a part of
- Opportunity to work across a range of venues (or just one)
- Opportunity to work across a range of Vida business units
What we are looking for
The Vida Team is looking for the following qualities in all candidates:
- Passionate about the sport
- Loves to work in a team but can also self direct
- Shares our values and understands the importance of culture
- Has a tennis background
- Has a desire to be a lifelong learner
- Enjoys educating and helping people grow
- Wants to develop their own vision and career path alongside ours
- Self-motivated and professional
- Finds the little things important
- Formal qualification not essential
- Tennis Australia qualification not essential but you need to show a willingness to attain one
Vida Tennis is always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team. If there are no positions listed below but you feel like you would be a great fit for our business, please feel free to get in touch.
Current Positions Available
Vida Tennis is looking for a coach to join our team in 2021. The role will primarily be based out of MCC Glen Iris Valley in Mt Waverley but may include some time at other Vida venues.
Vida is a culture driven company that places high importance on having a passion for coaching and a desire to continue to improve our delivery of tennis both on and off the court. We have five values that underpin what we do; Fun & Passion, Teamwork, Personal Mastery, Exceptional Experiences and Community. Our vision is to create life opportunities for each individual through the sport of tennis.
The successful candidate will start as an on-court part-time or casual employee. There is scope for the right person to move into a full-time position with off-court management roles.
The initial on-court coaching hours will be to deliver a range of program lessons including Hot Shots groups lessons, adult sessions, squads (both green ball and hard ball), and private lessons.
Vida Tennis provides all their team the opportunity to access our internal training and development platform which helps grow the coach both on and off the court. We have a large network to share ideas and opportunities.
To succeed in this position, you will need to be a Tennis Australia Coach Member, have a current Working With Children’s Check and it is preferable you have a Junior Development Qualifications or Club Professional qualification but this is not essential, as well as the following knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- A passion for tennis and for working with children
- Alignment with the Vida Tennis values
- The ability to develop and build strong professional relationships with the Vida Team, students, parents, club members and the tennis community.
- Well organized and love of learning and growing your knowledge
- Show initiative and creativity
The role will see you work alongside the team leaders from MCC Glen Iris Valley as well as Vida Director Kane Dewhurst. If you think we would be a great fit for each other and want to be part of our team, then please apply with your past experience, vision for your coaching future, references, and why you think we would be a good fit for each other.
Please email all inquiries and information to email@example.com
Vida is a culture-driven company that places high importance on having a passion for coaching and a desire to continue to improve our delivery of quality tennis instruction both on and off the court.
We have five values that underpin what we do:
- Fun and passion
- Personal mastery
- Exceptional experiences
Our vision is to create life opportunities for each individual through the sport of tennis. This is not just for players, but coaches as well. As such, we are seeking someone who wants to do tennis coaching as a career.
What we are seeking:
The initial on-court coaching hours will be focused on conducting Hot Shots group lessons, adult sessions, squads (both green ball and hard ball), private lessons, and school programs.
The role will start at approximately 20 to 25 hours per week, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time arrangement.
Benefit of working with us:
- We are an industry leader that’s well-respected in the tennis industry
- We provide ongoing personal and professional development and support
- We are a professional and highly skilled team
About the role:
The role starts at 20 hours per week and moves towards a full-time arrangement within six months.
Essential skills and experience:
- Interpersonal skills
- Loves working with kids
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders
- Active listening
- Two voices (leadership/one-on-one)
- Caring nature
- Pride in your appearance
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent time management
- Team player
- Self-development, people, education, working with children, and business
Proven track record:
- Hots Shots Player development
- Transitioning players through pathways
- Communication with stakeholders (committee, governing bodies, players, parents)
- Continuous personal and professional growth
- Working with children check
- Police clearance
- Tennis Australia membership
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you meet all of our criteria and why you would like to work with us. Applications close 12th Jan 2021.
The Vida Coach Pathway
Vida Tennis has a pathway for each coach tailored to their specific needs. There are many reasons people get started in the tennis industry and understanding the “why” is important in getting the best outcome possible.
Each coach with Vida is an employee (casual, part time, or full time), and there is a progression pathway which is continually assessed. There are several options within the company:
- Casual employee – hourly rate plus superannuation
- Casual employee with a bonus program attached
- Part-time employee (with bonus programs)
- Full-time employee (with bonus programs)
- Work-to-own program
Coach pay rates are clearly defined in the employee contract, which also highlights the progression process and bonus/incentive program roles. There are options to fit most coaches’ goals and vision. Whether you are a uni student looking for a part-time job or a career coach looking for a long-term plan, the options are there.
As a coach progresses through their pathway, they have the option to take on more responsibility, such as managing programs, venues, or a school. Progressions are only limited to the attitude and desire of the coach, with ownership of business units an option for the right people. There are many examples currently in the Vida team where a coach has been part of the “work-to-own” program and is now the owner of a business unit.
Meet the Leaders
Vida Tennis was founded in 1998 and operated out of a singles venue at the Veneto Club in Bulleen. Over the past several years, the company has grown rapidly, thanks to its clear and strategic plan as well as its development of a quality team.
We pride ourselves on having a number of leaders across the different areas within the company. You can view our team by clicking the button below.