Careers with Vida
Do you have a passion for tennis and want to make a career in the industry?
Tennis is a sport for life, and the team here at Vida share a passion and love for it on a daily basis. We are always looking for like-minded people who share our desire to create life opportunities for each individual through tennis to join our team.
Vida is a values-driven organisation that places high importance on team and culture. You can read more about this on the About Page.
These life opportunities do not just exist for the people we coach, but for the people who work as part of our coaching team as well. If you are interested in making a career in the tennis industry, then this is the place for you.
Why Join Our Team
Vida Tennis prides itself on being an amazing learning environment for coaches. As part of the Vida group, you will have access to:
- Ongoing coaching education (we have our own internal platform)
- Leadership development
- Clear development pathway
- Accountability buddies and progression plans to achieve your goals
- Flexible work hours
- A variety of lesson types from Hots Shots to High Performance
- Great facilities, equipment, and environment
- Off-court business development and education
- A great culture to be a part of
- Opportunity to work across a range of venues (or just one)
- Opportunity to work across a range of Vida business units
What we are looking for
The Vida Team is looking for the following qualities in all candidates:
- Passionate about the sport
- Loves to work in a team but can also self direct
- Shares our values and understands the importance of culture
- Has a tennis background
- Has a desire to be a lifelong learner
- Enjoys educating and helping people grow
- Wants to develop their own vision and career path alongside ours
- Self-motivated and professional
- Finds the little things important
- Formal qualification not essential
- Tennis Australia qualification not essential but you need to show a willingness to attain one
Vida Tennis is always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team. If there are no positions listed below but you feel like you would be a great fit for our business, please feel free to get in touch.
Current Positions Available
Vida is a culture-driven company that places high importance on having a passion for coaching and a desire to continue to improve our delivery of quality tennis instruction both on and off the court.
We have five values that underpin what we do:
- Fun and passion
- Personal mastery
- Exceptional experiences
Our vision is to create life opportunities for each individual through the sport of tennis. This is not just for players, but coaches as well. As such, we are seeking someone who wants to do tennis coaching as a career.
What we are seeking:
The initial on-court coaching hours will be focused on conducting Hot Shots group lessons, adult sessions, squads (both green ball and hard ball), private lessons, and school programs.
The role will start at approximately 20 to 25 hours per week, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time arrangement.
Benefit of working with us:
- We are an industry leader that’s well-respected in the tennis industry
- We provide ongoing personal and professional development and support
- We are a professional and highly skilled team
About the role:
The role starts at 20 hours per week and moves towards a full-time arrangement within six months.
Essential skills and experience:
- Interpersonal skills
- Loves working with kids
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders
- Active listening
- Two voices (leadership/one-on-one)
- Caring nature
- Pride in your appearance
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent time management
- Team player
- Self-development, people, education, working with children, and business
Proven track record:
- Hots Shots Player development
- Transitioning players through pathways
- Communication with stakeholders (committee, governing bodies, players, parents)
- Continuous personal and professional growth
- Working with children check
- Police clearance
- Tennis Australia membership
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com and send your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you meet all of our criteria and why you would like to work with us. Applications close 30th November 2020.
The Vida Coach Pathway
Vida Tennis has a pathway for each coach tailored to their specific needs. There are many reasons people get started in the tennis industry and understanding the “why” is important in getting the best outcome possible.
Each coach with Vida is an employee (casual, part time, or full time), and there is a progression pathway which is continually assessed. There are several options within the company:
- Casual employee – hourly rate plus superannuation
- Casual employee with a bonus program attached
- Part-time employee (with bonus programs)
- Full-time employee (with bonus programs)
- Work-to-own program
Coach pay rates are clearly defined in the employee contract, which also highlights the progression process and bonus/incentive program roles. There are options to fit most coaches’ goals and vision. Whether you are a uni student looking for a part-time job or a career coach looking for a long-term plan, the options are there.
As a coach progresses through their pathway, they have the option to take on more responsibility, such as managing programs, venues, or a school. Progressions are only limited to the attitude and desire of the coach, with ownership of business units an option for the right people. There are many examples currently in the Vida team where a coach has been part of the “work-to-own” program and is now the owner of a business unit.
Meet the Leaders
Vida Tennis was founded in 1998 and operated out of a singles venue at the Veneto Club in Bulleen. Over the past several years, the company has grown rapidly, thanks to its clear and strategic plan as well as its development of a quality team.
We pride ourselves on having a number of leaders across the different areas within the company. You can view our team by clicking the button below.