2019 Australian Open Camp
January 9, 2019 @ 9:00 am - January 10, 2019 @ 6:00 pm$160
The 2019 Vida Tennis Australian Open Camp will be held at the MCC Glen Iris Tennis Club over two days and will be jam-packed full of activities, on and off the court.
Much of your junior tennis training is only based on the tennis court. This camp gives you the opportunity to experience many of the “off court” aspects to help develop your game as well as plenty of on court tennis. In past years, the camp has been an amazing opportunity for more than 200 kids and we are planning another great event in 2019. Places are limited, so check out the following info and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
The camp is open to all high-level green ball players or hard ball compeition players.
Dates: Wednesday, Jan 9th & Thursday, Jan 10th
Times: 9am to 4pm Wednesday & 8.30am to 6pm Thursday
(later finish Thursday due to the trip to Melbourne Park)
Where: MCC Glen Iris Valley Tennis Club – 260 High Street Road Mt Waverley
Who: Tournament players, Junior Competition, Green Ball Squads. Kids ages from 8 to 16
What will the program be?
We have a lot to jam into three days, both on and off the court. So here is a taste;
- Afternoon at Melbourne Park (Qualifying & Practice for the Australian Open) Over the past years the group has been joined by the likes of Sam Groth (ATP top 50 and former Vida Veneto Club player), Julia Goerges (WTA Top 20), Andrew Whittington (Quarter finalist Australian Open Doubles and former Vida player), Anthony Rocca (Collingwood Football Club), John Aloisi (International Footballer and Aus captain), Marco Chuidinelli (ATP top 100), Muddy Waters (David Cup trainer), Damien Prasad (current WTA trainer & coach) and more.
There is also lots of time to watch matches, practice sessions and meet other players around the grounds. We will leave MCC Glen Iris around 12.30pm on the Thursday and travel to Melbourne Park via train.
- On court practice including;
- Live Ball Patterns of Play
- Court positioning
- Game Style awareness
- Set Plays & Routines
- Match Play
- Singles & Doubles Tactics
- Video Analysis (On & Off Court)
- Movement Patterns of the Pro’s
- David Cup / Fed Cup style Team tournament
- Off Court Themes
- Between point process
- Injury Prevention / Pilates / Core Stability
- Professional players games style analysis
- The mental side of tennis
- What are my tennis pathway options?
Some other little questions you will learn and take benefit from;
- How does my technique hold up under pressure?
- Where is my best court position when I play?
- What is my game style?
- How important is managing your body?
- Why are you getting injured and where are the weakness in your body?
- How do I put steps in place to better deal with pressure?
- What do the top 10 players do between points to get ready for the next point?
- Analyze game styles at the Aussie Open.
So want to join us?
How do I register my child? Click Here and scroll to the bottom of the page to find the rego form
What is the cost? The cost for the two-day camp is $160.
What else does my child need to bring? Lunch and snacks (kitchen facilities available such as Fridges, Microwave, oven etc), Drink bottle, towel, MYKI card for the trip to Melbourne Park and a heap of energy.
Do parents need to stay? No they don’t. If any parent want to join the group at Melbourne Park you are more than welcome.
When & where is pick up on the Thursday? Pick up can either be at Melbourne Park or back at the club. The Vida team will speak with each player to work out the best option for them. If pick up is back at MCC Glen Iris, it is expected to be around 6 to 6.30pm
All information will be emailed to players in the weeks leading up to the camp. We are hear to help!