2020 Essendon Junior JT
December 27 @ 8:00 am - December 29 @ 5:00 pm
The 2020 Essendon Junior JT will once again be an Australian ranking event held over three days between Christmas and New Year. This year’s event has been granted Bronze status for all events; 12&U, 14&U and 16&U age groups
Players in this tournament are able to enter one singles and one doubles event in the same age group. Age groups will also have consolation for any player’s who may lose in the first two rounds of either qualification or main draw. Click on the Fact Sheet link below for all the info.
This tournament will use two venues during the event; The Essendon Tennis Club and a second venue to be confirmed.
Key Event Information
Dates: Sunday 27th December 2020 to Tuesday 29th December 2020
Online Entry: Click Here
Online Fact Sheet: Click Here
Entry Close: Friday the 13th of December 2020
Events: 12&U, 14&U, Boys & Girls, Singles & Doubles and 16&U Boys, Singles and Doubles
Other Tournament Information
Day 1, 2 and 3 will be played at; Essendon Tennis Club
Second venue to be confirmed if required
Age group locations will be provided once the entry has closed.
Qualification draw size will depend on entry numbers. There may be qualification required in the boys event but we would expect no qualification required for girls events.
Main Draw events will be a 64 person draw for all events. Doubles will also be Main Draw Only. Check the Fact sheet for Main draw start days.
Consolation events are compulsory for any player losing in rounds 1 or 2 of the main draw or qualification.
Doubles matches may start on day 1 with some first round matches being played on day 2. Doubles in online entry only (no sign in).
Play Off Matches
Players losing in the semi-final of the main draw will play in a playoff to determine places 3-4.
Main Draw & Qualifying Singles: Best of two tie-break sets and match tie-break (first to 10 points with a margin of two) in lieu of a third set
Main Draw Doubles: Best of two tie-break sets and match tie-break (first to 10 points with a margin of two) in lieu of a third set. There is also no Ad scoring.
Consolation Singles: Best of two tie-break sets and match tie-break (first to 10 points with a margin of two) in lieu of a third set.
On-site re-string service
There will be an on site re-stringing service available at the Essendon Tennis Club for the duration of the event.
Both venues will be open from 7.30am each morning for practice until matches start. We will ask you to bag and vacate the courts at 8.20am in preparation for 8.30am matches.
Refund & Withdrawal policy
This event will adopt the following policy for the refund of tournament entry fees. This policy has been adopted directly from the Tennis Australia guidelines as set out in the Tournament Regulations for National Open and Junior Tour tournaments.
JT Entry refunds will be processed by tournaments based on the following sliding scale:
- Any withdrawals before the 7-day withdrawal deadline will be issued a full refund of their entry fee.
- Any withdrawals after the 7-day withdrawal deadline, but before the release of the draw will be issued a refund of 50% of their entry fee.
- Withdrawals after the release of the draw will not be entitled to any refund of their entry fees
- Any athlete who has “no showed” or is found to have played two overlapping tournaments without approval will not have their entry fee refunded.
- Any athlete that has entered two overlapping tournaments but is required to withdraw and has contacted the overlapping tournament within the required time will be refunded their entry fee, less an administration fee of $10.00.
- Any athlete entering a doubles event without a partner and has to subsequently withdraw due to not being able to find a partner before the release of the draw will be entitled to a refund of 50% of their entry fee. Where a doubles partner can be found to replace a withdrawing partner and the remaining partner chooses not to play, no refund shall be required to be paid.
All withdrawals must be submitted by the athlete in writing. Tournaments need not issue a refund if the withdrawal procedure is not followed. Refunds, less a $10.00 administration fee must be issued if a tournament is canceled (due to weather or other extenuating reasons) before the completion of an athlete’s first match within that tournament
It is the player’s responsibility to be aware of the withdrawal procedures and to ensure that any withdrawal notification or medical certificates are received by the Tournament Director Supporting medical certificates must be submitted to the Tournament Director before the conclusion of the tournament.