Vida HotShots Challenge Day
Arguably the biggest event on the Vida calendar, the Vida HotShots Challenge Day brings all 6 Vida venues together at the home of the Australian Open; Melbourne Park. That's right your children get to play on the AO courts including the 3000 seat Showcourt 3.
Players represent their Vida venue in a series of round robin doubles matches and off court activities to claim points for their team. With over 200 players from 6 venues the enthusiasm and energy is infectious.
Each player will receive a team hat and are encouraged to suit up in their club colours as a sign of unity.
Keep and eye out for an email when registrations are open.
AO Kids on Court Experience
Would you like to play on Rod Laver Arena? meet Novak Djokovic? get interviewed on Live TV?
Every year during the Australian Open, some lucky Vida kids from all our venues have the opportunity to have an on-court playing experience.
As part of the ANZ Hots Shots program, kids will play tennis on the Australian Open court before the first match of the day. The kids will play for approx 20 to 30 minutes and then one of the kids on the court will have the opportunity to toss the coin at the start of the match.
A parent and the child is then free to stay for the day and watch some world class tennis and experience all of what the Australian Open has to offer.
Skyler from MCC Glen Iris even got interviewed on the Today show
Registration will be open in November
Looking to keep your kids active during the school holidays?
Vida Tennis provide the opportunity for your child to get unplugged, come outdoors and get active during the school holidays.
School Holiday programs are developed with the child’s age, level and ability in mind, with this we create a program that can help your child continue to practice their tennis skills, meet new friends and have fun in a safe environment. We welcome kids to bring their friends to come and play.
We have a wet weather program to ensure the program continues rain, hail or shine.
To find the next Holiday program at your venue CLICK HERE
Junior Development & Performance
Would you like to travel like a pro?
If yes, then Vida tournament camps are for you. Each holiday period provide the opportunity for players to travel to various tournaments around Victoria and Australia.
All players involved will learn what it’s like to travel to a tournament with a team; working together and supporting each other while, training, and playing matches. It is an amazing learning experience, helping to foster an environment for boys & girls to get the best out of themselves.
Players will be grouped into accommodation based on their gender and age to ensure they feel comfortable away from home.
Apart from the tennis players will have the opportunity to visit local attractions and join in activities such as mini golf and bowling.
Australian Open Camp
Do you want to meet and greet ATP and WTA players? Learn more about the off-court training routines?
The AO camp is a full 2 day event focused on high intensity and high volume both on a off the court.
- On court practice including;
- Live Ball Patterns of Play
- Court positioning
- Game Style awareness
- Set Plays & Routines
- Match Play
- Singles & Doubles Tactics
- David Cup / Fed Cup style Team tournament
- Off Court Themes
- Between point process
- Injury Prevention / Pilates / Core Stability
- Professional players games style analysis
- The mental side of tennis
- What are my tennis pathway options?
- An Afternoon at the AO
- Players will catch the train into the AO to watch a the pros practice and play qualifying matches
- Meet and greet some professional players and support team
Registration opens in November
A Day at the Australian Open
We want your kids to have the best experience they can at the Australian Open and offer them to come with their coach and friends from their Vida Club to join in the fun!
This is a 2 day experience held on one of the first few days of the Australian Open, including –
- Practice session at your local Vida Club
- BBQ at the end of the training session
- Free Ticket to the Australian Open
- Tour Guide (your coach!) and supervision for the day
- Opportunity to meet & get photos with top Australian and International Tennis Players
- Have fun with friends at the Australian Open
In the past couple of years our players have been able to-
- Meet top 10 Spanish Player Roberto Bautista-Agut, Former top 10 Fernando Verdasco and top 100 player Krystina Pliskova
- Watch Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams & Dominic Thiem Practice up close
- Meet & Chat to Australian Young up and coming players Jaimee Fourlis and Blake Mott
- Watch top players on the Show Courts
- Have fun at the kids area at the Australian Open Kids Spot