Welcome to Vida Tennis at Altona Tennis Club.
We hope your child enjoys attending Tennis lessons with us. In advance of attending your free introductory lesson, please note the following:
- Children at a young age often look forward to attending their Tennis lesson but sometimes decide not to play as the lesson begins. We recommend to parents at this point to allow the child to observe the lesson without attempting to persuade the child to enter the courts or to participate. When children see others having fun, they are often drawn into the activity.
- Parents are welcome to attend another complementary session if their child decides not to participate on the first occasion.
- Vida Tennis at Altona Tennis Club has a player/coach only on court policy. Therefore we ask parents to provide their child with a water bottle and hat and to ensure sunscreen has been applied before the children enter the courts. A coach will escort the players on to and out of the courts before and after the lesson. Chairs are provided for parents to spectate from outside the courts. The rapport between student and coach takes time to establish and children can become torn between following the lesson format and appealing to their parents.
- Coaches will go out of their way to make the lesson manageable and enjoyable, bearing in mind the safety of all participants
- The Vida Head Start Programme for 3-5 year olds will focus on fundamental motor and racquet skills providing players a platform for future development. Please don’t be surprised if activities don’t all look like a traditional tennis activity, as we like to mix it up and maintain your child’s interest. More information relating to the Head Start programme is HERE
Once your child has attended a free introductory lesson and would like to continue, we require players to register with Vida Tennis here:
Players are also required to register with Tennis Australia as Hot Shots participants. The registration link is here:
- Please select ALTONA TENNIS CLUB and MARK PEEL as your coach/contact. Each new player will receive a free Hot Shots T-Shirt.
In going forward, payments can be made weekly or on a term basis. Group lessons are 30 minutes in length and you will be invoiced at the start of each term.
The Vida Head Start Programme for 3-5 year olds will focus on fundamental motor and racquet skills providing players a platform for future development. Please don’t be surprised if activities don’t all look like a traditional tennis activity, as we like to mix it up and maintain your child’s interest.
Mark Peel – Vida Tennis