Junior Tournaments are the start to a competitive tournament system for tennis players involving the use of ranking points. There are 4 different levels to JT Tournaments lowest to highest; Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Players can enter in singles and doubles events. Please talk to your coach directly about which tournaments would best suit your childs level before entering.
The events held are 12/u, 14/u, 16/u and 18/u and they run roughly 3-5 days depending on how far your child goes in the tournament.
What’s different compared to a JDS tournament?
- Australian Ranking Points are a ranking system held in Australia. Players who go far in a JT Tournament will earn ranking points. The more points you have, the higher you will be ranked.
- If your child loses early in the tournament, that’s ok! They will be put in a consolation draw. They will still get quality matchplay and be rewarded for winning that event with ranking points and trophy!
- Like JDS Tournaments your child will receive a trophy for winning!
Create a profile if you haven’t already and choose a tournament for your child!
Clicking the link below will direct you to the tournaments page.
Vida Tennis hold annual JT Tournaments throughout each year in each school term holidays at venues such as Glen Iris, Altona, Essendon and Swan Hill. Vida also take groups of kids away to JT Tournaments in Bendigo and Swan Hill during two of the School Holidays, this gives kids the opportunity to compete in the tournament but also learn how to travel with a team. Dates vary each year.
Once your child holds a high ranking in their age group across the state/country, they will be able to enter the National Juniors Event. These are the highest level of JT tournaments around Australia (Platinum).
What do you need to know about Nationals Events?
- There are roughly 2-4 Nationals each year depending on age group.
- It includes the December Showdown which is held at Melbourne Park just like the Australian Open!
- You will play singles and doubles.
- Being the winner of Nationals will make you the best player of your age group in Australia!
- You will be recognized by Tennis Australia for your achievement.
- National events have high-performance tennis and professional athletes where they can take tennis to the highest level in their life.
You can find Nationals tournaments in the link provided above.
JT Tournaments are a perfect start to your child’s real competitive tournament system with the use of ranking points just like on the pro tour. This is a great stepping stone for your child to take their tennis to the next level by competing against the best players in Victoria and Australia. It is also a great social time for kids to meet other like-minded players who they can then practice with, play doubles with and make lifelong friends with. Any child who wants to be a great tennis player should aim to play Nationals since the best players in Australia are doing so!