The Vida “my Progress Program” enables kids to monitor progress along their tennis journey. The aim of the my progress program is to highlight and fast track their development to playing real tennis. As the levels progress the child’s knowledge, ability and confidence grows to enable the transition from the cooperative themes to compete.
Level “Game” Theme & Link to Competition
Level Game has just entered into the compete theme using the Hot Shots Orange Ball in a modified court space but is transitioning into the green ball. Children can be introduced into “real tennis” match play within a Hot Shots Orange Match Play. This level has also introduced the 5 key Vida Physical Tests and you will find the results on the certificate.
The my Progress Game level is the sixth level in the eight stage program and your child has achieved the following in each of the six key learning areas to achieve their certificate:
- Understand the difference between topspin and slice on forehands & backhand shots.
- Can control shots short or deep in the court.
- Be able to rally from the service line with a partner with one hit and one bounce.
- Can rally from three-quarter court with two bounces and one hit.
- Hit volleys and smashes to target areas.
- Understand the difference between a volley and drive volley.
Serve & Return
- Three quarter court serving position.
- Serve with a complete balanced and rhythmical service action.
- Can serve into the correct service box.
- Gives the best effort whatever the match score or situation.
- Shows respect for opponents.
- Testing: 10m sprint, Vertical Jump, Vida Agility Test, V-Sit Test and Throw distance.
Physical Development – Why we test these areas?
Over the past 5 levels your child has undertaken several physical development exercises where the focus has been technique,movement and stability. These included:
- Push Up
- Agility Ladder
These exercises are designed to help develop your child holistically and when combined with other areas of the program help prepare each individual for the 5 testing areas in the final three levels of the my Progress Program.
Fitness Components for Tennis
There are many different “fitness components” required to play tennis and as the child’s physical development progresses with age we help develop these within the My Progress Program. The Key components required for tennis are;
- Aerobic Fitness
- Strength & Power
Some other areas of skill related fitness in tennis are
- Reaction Time
The 5 tests within the my Progress program help to test the above areas and then coaching sessions in between the last three levels help to develop them. Check out the next level (Level Set) for specifics about each of the 5 tests.