Tennis Camps At Vida Venues
Throughout the year, Vida Tennis runs training camps for various levels of players (Junior Development & Performance). They are a great way to develop your game in all aspects of tennis both on and off the court.
The camps are held at various Vida locations and are a great opportunity to train with other Vida players from all different locations.
During the camps, players will have the opportunity to work on the following:
- On-court themes: live ball patterns of play, court positioning, game style awareness, Set plays and routines, match play, singles and doubles tactics, video analysis (on and off court), movement patterns of the pros, and more
- Off-court themes: between point process, fitness testing benchmarks, injury prevention/pilates/core stability/strength and conditioning overview, professional players’ games style analysis, nutrition, the mental side of tennis, and more
There are special guests and elite sportsmen/women often involved, and it’s a great two- to three-day experience. All the information and upcoming camps can be found on the events (calendar) tab.
Tournament Camps with Vida
The Vida team travels with a group of kids from across all Vida venues two to three times per year for Vida Tennis tournaments and camps. This is an opportunity for players to travel with their friends and coaches to compete in a tournament.
All players involved will learn what it’s like to travel to a tournament with a team, working together and supporting each other while training and playing matches. This presents a great learning experience, helping to foster an environment for each player to improve their game.
So far, the Vida Tennis tournament and camps have been held at:
- Swan Hill Easter JT and AMT
- Bendigo JT and AMT
- Bairnsdale JT and AMT
- Albury JT and AMT
It is always a great opportunity to play on different surfaces as well, with 2 of the tournaments being held on grass courts and one on classic clay, which isn’t very common in local tournaments.
With all of our Camps, we encourage the players to compete in as many events as they can and play doubles with kids in the camp. This helps with building new friendships within the team and gives the kids a chance to build great partnerships for future tournaments.
Coaches travel with and take care of the players during these camps, educating them on topics such as:
- Tournament preparation
- Hydration and nutrition
- Warm ups and stretching
- Planning for a full day at the venue
- Match analysis and support
Each camp, the kids get an evening of fun activities such as games, bowling, movie screenings, and mini-golf!