Box Hill Senior Secondary College and Vida Tennis would like to invite parents & students to the 2021 Specialist Sports Academy Information evening.
Families will be able to find out more about the school’s academic program as well as the various sports specialist programs, including tennis. BHSSC is a year 9 to 12 school and applications will shortly available for the 2021 intake.
The Box Hill Tennis Program is designed to give the student-athlete the best possible opportunity to reach the US College Tennis system. Being a year 9 to 12 school, we tailor subject choices to meet the criteria required for US College for all your academic years at the Box Hill. In 2021, BHSSC will offer UTR match play, further develop links with Australia’s leading recruitment agencies, as well as linking with current US college coaches. The program has a former US College Tennis graduate leading the program to help guide players through the process if this is the pathway option for them. Come along on the Trial & Information days to find out more!
Want to know more about college tennis in America – Click Here
Read below for more information about the school tennis academy.
- The Tennis Trial Day will be held on Monday, August 10th from 9 am to 2.30 pm
- Information Evening – Wednesday, September 2 at 7 pm
- Book your Place – Click Here
The Box Hill Senior Secondary College Tennis Academy was established in 2005 to enable gifted athletes to combine their goals in tennis with a comprehensive and stimulating education. Senior Students complete either a full time (replaces two subjects/electives) or part-time (replaces one subject/electives) tennis program at the college. Student courses can be tailored for US College scholarship eligibility and are designed around the student goals.
The Tennis Academy is run by Vida and students in the tennis program participate in the following: Individualised periodized programming, squad sessions, semi-private sessions, technique development using video analysis, point & match play, weight training and recovery which concentrates on strength conditioning, fitness and agility, activities off court that encourage team building, social skills and initiative, fitness testing which is benchmarked against ITF standards, a physiotherapy screening and monitoring process, a sports psychology program to enhance performance, nutrition program run by qualified dietician, goal setting, tournament supervision and much more.
Students in the program participate in the following:
- Individualised periodized program
- Squad sessions
- Semi-private and small group sessions
- Technique development using video analysis
- Point and match play sessions
- Weight training and recovery which concentrates on strength conditioning
- Fitness and agility, fitness testing which is benchmarked against ITF standards
- Activities off court that encourage team building, social skills and initiative
- A physiotherapy screening and monitoring process
- A sports psychology program to enhance performance
- Nutrition program run by a qualified dietician
- Goal setting
- Tournament and match supervision and much more.
There is a criteria to be excepted into the Academy program at the school which includes playing ability, attitude, goals in tennis, and grade point average (academic), If you are interested in finding out more about the program or if the program would be a good fit for you, please feel free to contact us.