- The Tennis Trial Day will be held on Friday, May 27th from 8.30 – 10.30 am
- Information Evening – Monday, May 23rd at 6 pm – 7.30 pm
- Booking Link – https://www.trybooking.com/BYTUM
The Box Hill Senior Secondary College Tennis Academy was established in 2005 to enable gifted athletes to combine their goals in tennis with a comprehensive and stimulating education. Senior Students complete either a full time (replaces two subjects/electives) or part-time (replaces one subject/electives) tennis program at the college. Student courses can be tailored for US College scholarship eligibility and are designed around the student goals.
The Tennis Academy is run by Vida and students in the tennis program participate in the following:
- Individualised periodized program
- Squad sessions
- Semi-private and small group sessions
- Technique development using video analysis
- Point and match play sessions
- Weight training and recovery which concentrates on strength conditioning
- Fitness and agility, fitness testing which is benchmarked against ITF standards
- Activities off court that encourage team building, social skills, and initiative
- A physiotherapy screening and monitoring process
- A sports psychology program to enhance performance
- Nutrition program run by a qualified dietician
- Goal setting
- Tournament and match supervision and much more.
There is criteria to be excepted into the Academy program at the school which include playing ability, attitude, goals in tennis, and grade point average (academic), If you are interested in finding out more about the program or if the program would be a good fit for you, please feel free to contact us.