Swan Hill Tournament Camp 2021

Easter has come and gone and so to has the Swan Hill Tournament Camp. For 40 Vida players and 5 Vida coaches it was as early start on Easter Monday, meeting at Southern Cross Station to catch the bus on route to Swan Hill. 

With 6 Vida venues represented the bus and train journey was full of excitement as new friends were made. The first competition was taken out by Dylan Teo as he took home the title of Rock, Paper, Scissors Champion.

Once the group settled into the motel we made our way to the hallowed grass of Swan Hill Lawn Tennis Club. For many players this was their first experience on grass courts. They adjusted well to the fast surface and low bouncing balls.

The volunteers at the club put on a great BBQ to feed the empty bellies followed by the popular recovery in the pool at the motel.

Day 1

The kids were up at Sparrows to get their breakfast in and to have a solid warm up before their first round matches. The courts were laced with dew forcing the players to adjust their footwork and swing paths accordingly With all players active on the first day of the tournament in both singles and doubles it was a busy day of viewing and playing. 

Day 2

With some great results on day 1, day 2 followed suit with many players winning main draw matches for the first time at points tournaments and having some best results of their tennis journey to date

Mixed doubles began with majority of the Vida players pairing with each other for some laughs and great tennis

Day 3

Quarter and Semi final day saw many Vida kids square off against each other in both singles and doubles. Baxter Errey and Sam Kapsalis had to finish their mixed doubles semi under lights on the hardcourts eventually taking it 15-13 in the breaker. The last night in Swan Hill finished with the annual Games Night organized by coach Nick. The group was divided into 6 teams and completed a variety of team building games.

Day 4 – Finals Day

The final day allowed some players to have a much needed sleep in. For those who were playing it was business as usual, warming up from 7.15am in preparation for their 8.30am matches. Once the matches were completed it was back on the train for the long journey home.

We would like to thank all the players and parent who made the trip so successful.

Keep your eye out for the next tournament camp.

Share This

Related Posts