- This event has passed.
Connecting Cultures – April 2021
April 11, 2021 @ 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Sport is culturally significant in our society and plays a key role in bridging diversity and making our city the great place it is. Vida Tennis and the MCC Glen Iris Valley Tennis Club is excited to be an active part of connecting people through tennis with our program, Connecting Cultures.
Our vision for the program is to create an opportunity for people new to Australia to connect and be a part of the tennis community. Tennis will become the conduit to connect people from diverse cultures and help drive a real sense of belonging through shared experiences.
The program is open to any new adults to Melbourne and promotes tennis, health, and community connection. The Vida team will facilitate tennis lessons, social tennis play and help people learn a new skill or re-connecting with tennis. While playing tennis will be the activity, the real outcome will be connecting people within the community and the tennis club. Tennis is a sport for life and a sport for everyone and we welcome all new people to Melbourne into our club.
When is the program running
In the past, the program has run over a 6 to 8 week block. We have now changed the structure to have a program that runs all year round. The program will now run once a month on a Sunday afternoon. As well as this, anyone from this program is invited to the club’s Sunday Social events, which is also once a month. You can view all the dates on the What’s On page of the club website. Click Here
This Months Event
- Sunday, April 11th
- 2.30pm to 3.30pm Coaching
- 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm Social Play
- The Cost
- $5 for individual non-members
- $10 for families/partners
- $0 free for members
- To Register – Text message Angelo (0407 477 798) to let him know you are coming. That is all
Some facts about diversity in Melbourne
- One in five people speak a language other than English at home
- Overseas migration makes up over 60% of our population growth
- One in four Australias were born overseas
- We welcome you to try tennis with us and experience our environment
- Check out some of our past program experiences at the Connecting Cultures program