Essendon Connecting Cultures – May 2021
May 30, 2021 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Sport is culturally significant in our society and plays a key role in bridging diversity and making our city the great place it is. Vida Tennis and the Essendon Tennis Club is excited to be an active part of connecting people through tennis with our program, Connecting Cultures.
Our vision for the program is to create an opportunity for people new to Australia to connect and be a part of the tennis community. Tennis will become the conduit to connect people from diverse cultures and help drive a real sense of belonging through shared experiences.
The program is open to any new adults to Melbourne and promotes tennis, health, and community connection. The Vida team will facilitate tennis lessons, social tennis play and help people learn a new skill or re-connecting with tennis. While playing tennis will be the activity, the real outcome will be connecting people within the community and the tennis club. Tennis is a sport for life and a sport for everyone and we welcome all new people to Melbourne into our club.
When is the program running
The program will run once a month on a Monday night. As well as this, anyone from this program is invited to the club’s Sunday Social events, which is also once a month. You can view all the dates on the What’s On page of the club website. Click Here
This Months Event
- Monday, May 31st
- 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm
- The Cost
- $5 for individual non-members
- $10 for families/partners
- $0 free for members
- To Register – Text message Ash (0422 240 269) to let her know you are coming. That is all
Some facts about diversity in Melbourne
- One in five people speak a language other than English at home
- Overseas migration makes up over 60% of our population growth
- One in four Australians were born overseas
- We welcome you to try tennis with us and experience our environment
- Check out some of our past program experiences at the Connecting Cultures program