- This event has passed.
Essendon Junior Development Match Play September 2021
THE EVENT IS CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS.
September 23, 2021 @ 12:30 pm – 4:45 pm
Every week kids come to training and work hard to improve their game, however, the hardest step for many kids is to implement what they learn into their match play week to week.
This is why the team at Vida Tennis Essendon invite you to attend our Match Play Practice Sessions. These 2 hour sessions are designed to give your child an opportunity to play practice sets against other kids in the same level.
- Green Ball 12.30pm – 2.30pm
- Yellow Ball 2.45pm – 4.45pm
What to expect on the day?
- A Vida coach will co-ordinate the session with a pre-planned draw
- Minimum of 2-3 practice sets with a competitor of the same level
- A match review sheet to fill out
- Take this sheet back to your private coach to discuss
- A safe environment to compete without some of the regular pressures
This Match Play Practice Session is for you if….
- If your child is struggling with implementing their training into matches
- Not getting enough matches in club competition
- Wanting to build some more confidence by competing in a more relaxed environment without some of the extra pressures
- Need to work on self match reflections
Quite often when a child comes in for their lesson and I ask them “how was competition this weekend?”, the answer is “good” or “bad”, with the match reflection sheets it can help your child understand what positives and challenges they had during the match in real time. They can then bring it directly to their head coach for the next lesson so it can be easier to discuss.
For any further information, please contact Nick on 0411 224 976 or at email@example.com
Select Junior Development in the Program Options on the following registration link