Registration, Re-enrolment & Fees
In order to secure your place for weekly term programs, Vida requires that you complete a registration form prior to starting your lessons. You will then be emailed an invoice for your term of lessons.
Re-enrolment for the next term will start three weeks before the end of the current term. You will be emailed a link to re-enroll or you can notify your venue Team Leader directly.
Invoices for term of lessons are based on the number of weeks in the term. Payment is required in full before the start of the term to secure your place. Places will not be guaranteed if your payment is not received prior to the commencement of the term.
All holiday programs, tournaments, camps or event registration and fees are available to be completed online via our tennis events page on the website.
Wet Weather & Heat Policy
Where possible your coach will contact you via phone message or email to let you know if your lesson/s will be canceled due to wet weather or heat policy.
If you do not get a call, text, or email, the lesson is going ahead as normal.
Vida has a policy for all coaches to avoid the use of Mobile Phones while on court coaching (where possible), this is to make sure our attention is directed to the current lesson at all times. If your coach does not answer their phone, they are more than likely on court coaching.
Make-Up & Cancellation Policy
If you are unable to attend a session due to illness or school camp etc. you must notify your coach prior to your lesson with sufficient time in order to be eligible for a make-up lesson.
Sufficient time is considered;
- AM lessons – 6 pm the night prior
- PM lessons – 9 am of the day of the lesson
We allow for 1 make-up lesson per person each term for group & squad lessons when the appropriate notice is given. All eligible private & semi-private lessons will be made up.
Notification of absence and/or arrangement of a make-up can be made directly with your venue Team Leader and it is your responsibility to follow up with your venue team leader to arrange a day/time for your make-up. You will be given up to three different options during the same term or during the school holiday period. Make up’s can not be carried over to the following term. Vida will make every effort to accommodate a suitable day & time.
For any long-term injury, illness or absence please speak directly with your Vida Team Leader.
All washed out or heat policy sessions missed will be made up and the Vida coaching team will contact you with the day & time options.
Make-Up FAQ’s & Examples
- Question: I have notified my coach that my child can not make their lesson within the necessary time. Will a make up be arranged?
Answer: Yes, a makeup will be arranged for your first missed lesson of the term. Your Vida coach will give you a maximum of 3 options to reschedule the lesson, which may include a school holiday program option.Vida will make every effort to accommodate a suitable day & time.
- Question: Can make up lessons be carried over to the following term or credited to the following term?
Answer: No, they can not.
- Question: I have picked up my child after school and they are not feeling well. Can I get a make up?
- Answer: Unfortunately the notice is too late for a make up to be given.
- Question: My child missed a lesson due to rain, what is the process to arrange this missed lesson?
Answer: Your Vida coach will give you options to make this session up during the term or in the school holidays.
- Question: Rain has been falling and we are unsure if the sessions is going ahead. What is the process?
Answer: If you do not get a call, text, or email from your coach, the lesson is going ahead as normal. If there is rain during the session then the lesson will be made up if no indoor option is available to complete the lesson with alternative tennis activities and education.
- Question: My child broke their arm during the term and can not attend for an extended period. Can we get a credit for this?
Answer: Yes, if there are extenuating circumstances or long term injuries, please speak with your Vida coach.
- Question: We will be traveling for 3 weeks during the term and have let Vida know prior to the term beginning. Will these lessons be made up or credited?
Answer: Yes this is possible. Iif there are extended planned long term periods, please speak with your Vida coach and make arrangements.
COVID & Vaccination Policy
Vida appreciates and recognizes the seriousness of COVID-19 and its impact on all our lives. Tennis naturally lends itself to be a COVID safe sport; being played outdoors, distance between participants with minimal, if any sharing of equipment.
Vida, at all times, strives to be a safe and inclusive environment for all our employees and participants. We respect the views and personal choices of each person.
We will at all times use our best endeavors to follow the Government directives, within the bounds of the current laws.
If you or your family would like to discuss the above information, please direct your contact to email@example.com and a Vida representative will contact you. As to avoid any judgment or discomfort, please direct your questions to the above contact rather than a specific coach member.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support of our small business, we look forward to seeing everyone back on the courts and playing the game we love.
Any late payments, more than 30 days past the invoice date, shall attract a late payment penalty fee as set down by the Penalty Interest Act 1983.
Your privacy is important to us. The data collected from you will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
When joining a tennis program at a participating Vida venue your information will only be used by the tennis club to join you to the club for a free club coaching membership. This will also entitle you to use the courts at the club during coaching and gives you personal accident insurance through our National Sporting Body, Tennis Australia.
When players aged between 3 and 13 years of age join a Vida coaching program, their details will be registered with Tennis Australia’s Hot Shots program to enable to player to receive a free starter gift, exclusive competitions and loads of tennis benefits! All the information can be found on the following link https://hotshots.tennis.com.au/register/
Medical & Liability
I hereby authorise the staff of Vida to act for me according to their best judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention. I release Vida from any and all liability for injury or illness and costs, incurred while undertaking a program or event with Vida.
Photography & Video Images
I acknowledge that Vida Tennis may film, use video analysis and photography during programs, lessons and events. I acknowledge and agree that this usage, including for marketing & promotion purposes, is without compensation or notice to myself. Images may be used on our website, social media and other promotional material.
Vida supports Tennis Australia’s stance and efforts in helping educate parents on their important role within the child’s sporting journey. The following are some ideas and education that we would like you, the parent, to be aware of.
Vida encourages all parents to remain off the court during their child’s lesson. This enables both the coach and student/s to concentrate entirely on the lesson, create independence for the child, promote a child’s decision making skills and build the coach – student relationship.
As a parent / guardian of a participant in any activity held / run by Vida you agree to try and meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity, program or event to the best of your abilities:
- Treat your child the same irrespective of them winning or losing
- Remember that your child plays for their enjoyment not yours
- Try to have fun when you are around your children at competitions and training. Well-directed humour can be a great de-stressor
- Look relaxed, calm and positive on the sidelines
- Make friends with other parents at competitions
- Get involved in appropriate ways if your child or the coach behaves in unacceptable ways during competitions
- Let the coach do the coaching
- Understand that children will benefit from a break sometimes and that involvement in other sports is okay
- Be there when the child performs poorly. Be an understanding listener rather than a critic, judge and/or fixer
- Be prepared to give your child some space so that he/she can grow and develop as an independent person
- Let your child know that your love for them is not associated with their sporting performances
- Communicate with your child and ask them how they are really feeling about their sport and about competing in particular
- Occasionally let your child compete without you being there and hovering over them
- Emphasise the good things your child did in preparing for and during the match/tournament
- Try to avoid:
- Saying “we’re playing today”. Instead say “you’re playing today”
- Giving your child credit for accepting the responsibility of performing
- Getting too pushy or believe that you are indispensable. Let the coach do the coaching
- Living through your child’s performances
- Turning away when your child’s behaviour is unsportsmanlike.
- Telling your child what he/she did wrong after a tough match
- Making enemies with your child’s opponents or family during a match/tournament
- Making your child feel guilty by reminding them about all the time, money and sacrifices you are making for his or her sport
- Thinking of your child’s sporting performances as an investment for which you expect a return
- Badgering, harassing or using sarcasm to motivate your child
- Comparing your child’s performances with those of other children
- Forcing your child to go to training. If they are sick of training find out why and discuss it with them
Changes to Terms & Conditions
If we decide to change our terms & conditions, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the terms & conditions modification date below. If there are any questions regarding these terms & conditions you may contact us using the information on our contact page.
These terms & conditions were last modified on June 6th, 2022