The Future is Female – Advantage Girls Program
After the success of the transition program we introduce the Advantage Girls Squads, tailored for girls and run by an all female coaching team including Ashleigh Richardson and Jo Karaitiana.
The Vida Tennis Advantage Girls Squads are designed to empower and develop girls in tennis and everyday life. Girls can come together and have a training environment dedicated to their needs. Players will train with like minded people and be guided by a team who understand female development both on and off the tennis court.
Advantage Girls – Transition Program, Term 3 2019
In Term 3, we completed the The Transition Program which was a 5 week program tailored to girls aged 18-25. It included an all female coaching team and female specialists from their respective fields. Some of the highlights were
- Training and Networking with other like minded girls
- Ola Luczak teaching us about Nutrition and Hydration
- Deidre Dattoli working on goal setting and confidence
- Strength and Conditioning in Tennis with Jo Karaitiana
What can girls learn from tennis?
Tennis, and sport in general, teach life skills such as persistence, teamwork, goal setting, leadership, and character development. These traits also transfer from tennis court to academics, family life, and the work setting.
Peer and environmental support influence girls’ enjoyment and learning of tennis. Girls develop important social relationships through the physical activity of tennis, both with their training partners and with their adult physical activity leaders, but girls may suffer negative psychological consequences if their developmental needs for feedback and encouragement are not considered by instructors or coaches.
These squad’s are designed to give girls a great positive life and tennis experience, delivered by a team who understand their needs.
What are the Advantage Girls Squads?
The squads give the girls a chance to play tennis, build on their fitness and meet other like-minded females to help lead, mentor and guide them on their pathway.
- Practice regularly in a positive, fun encouraging environment
- Meet and connect with like-minded females
- Be involved in tennis without the pressure of what it will become
- Strength & Conditioning that links directly to Tennis
When and where are the squads?:
- Every Tuesday 12.00-2.00pm at Essendon Tennis Club – Tennis only
- Every Thursday 11.00am-1.00pm at the Veneto Tennis Club – Strength & Conditioning and Tennis
Anyone can come and join us for one or 2 of these squads. We look forward to seeing you!
Cost – $40 per day
Please contact Ashleigh on 0422 240 269 or at [email protected] to get further information or to register for one or both of the squads