The truth about competitions is that it is not about winning, it is a process where you find confidence on the tennis court, facing a friend, and learning many important values that will be there for life.
Whether you win or lose, you are always learning something new from the experience.
What is important for all young players at an early age is that they are able to embrace the competition in a positive and safe environment.
Here are some other great reasons to begin competing:
- Practice what you have learnt during your regular tennis lessons
- It is fun, it is about making friends and socialising
- Learn the rules, and also develop strategies and tactics
- Being physically active while improving your tennis, motor, and movement skills
- Develops confidence and sense of accomplishment
- Learn the value of effort and working towards our goals
No matter where your child is on the My Vida Journey Pathway we have matchplay and competition opportunities for them.